Our Purpose & History
Incline Village Nursery School unites parents and teachers in their dedication to nurture children as they seek greater self-understanding, develop positive social skills, and build personal confidence. Our school offers a balanced environment that focuses on building academic readiness skills as well as social development. A child’s bridge to a lifetime of success begins here.
Incline Village Nursery School is a non-profit school founded in 1970. It is open to the community on a non-discriminatory basis, providing non-denominational education to children without regard to race, color, or religion.
- Provide an atmosphere that allows children to develop to their fullest potential.
- Encourage children to be respectful and courteous to others.
- Give children the time and opportunity to experiment, to think, and to make decisions.
- Develop each child’s knowledge, skills and abilities in all developmental areas: social, emotional, physical and cognitive.
- Help to prepare children for success in school by providing daily exposure to language building activities, handwriting, math skills, science, process oriented art projects, music, dramatic play and outdoor exploration.